Thursday, July 14, 2016

Bird On The Wire


Like a bird on the wire
Like a drunk in a midnight choir
I have tried in my way to be free
Like a worm on a hook
Like a knight from some old fashioned book
I have saved all my ribbons for thee

If I, if I have been unkind
I hope that you can just let it go by
If I, if I have been untrue
I hope you know it was never to you
Like a baby, stillborn
Like a beast with his horn
I have torn everyone who reached out for me
But I swear by this song
And by all that I have done wrong
I will make it all up to thee

I saw a beggar leaning on his wooden crutch
He said to me, "You must not ask for so much."
And a pretty woman leaning in her darkened door
She cried to me, "Hey, why not ask for more?"

Oh like a bird on the wire
Like a drunk in a midnight choir have tried in my way to be free
~Leonard Cohen


Why not ask for more? I want more of this world. I want more kindness. I want less death, less murder, less pain... and until it happens, I want more people to CARE.

Everything is wrong and horrible and dripping in blood, revenge, hate and people are more interested in capturing Pokémon on illegally downloaded apps.

What is the cure for apathy???

No comments:

Post a Comment